Velocity Pro Sport offers fabrics that are produced to meet our exclusive stretch and quality standards. Velocity takes tremendous pride in having the best fabrics in the industry. Where our products make reference to being made using Motion250 fabric Velocity Pro Sport Ltd manufacturers its own unique foil fabrics known as ‘Motion250’. Motion250 is a 4-way stretch foil fabric suitable for digital printing and has a material composition of 74.5% Polyester 25.5% Elastane with a fabric weight of 250gsm.
Want to give our customer complete confidence and peace of mind when caring the garments we produce. It is therefore important for us to advise you of the tendencies of certain fabrics, as well as practices to avoid.
Our fabrics can be grouped into two categories:
- Long Wearing Durable Fabrics: Nylon/Spandex, Velvet, DryTech, Brushed Tricot, TechMesh, Campus Stretchtek and Campus Performance Mesh.
- DryTech may shrink when heat is applied.
- Sequinz cannot be applied to Velvet or Mesh.
- Special Care Fragile Fabrics: Hologram, Mesh, and Nylon/spandex with Foil
- Note that certain high fashion fabrics are more susceptible to wear and fading than other traditional long wearing, durable fabrics. Hologram and Nylon/Spandex with Foil fabrics will dull slightly in jeweled areas due to heat application.
Fragile Fabrics need extra special care:
- Disclaimer: Pilling may occur on sublimated fabric when it comes in contact with any rough surface. Examples are mats, grips, floor mats, etc. The back/bottom area of the garment tends to pill easier than other areas. Unfortunately this is an issue we cannot avoid due to the nature of the fabric. Velocity Pro Sport will not be responsible for replacing or repairing your garment if pilling occurs.
- Repeated wear and washing may cause the fabrics to fade or lose foil.
- Alcohol in all aerosol products, such as hairspray, affect these fabrics. Please cover garment before applying. Perfumes and body lotions can also affect fragile fabrics.
- Deodorants and perspiration may cause these fabrics to color bleed, fade or lose foil, especially when the two colors meet under the arms. We recommend the use of pure crystal deodorant, which does not contain Aluminum Chlorohydrate.
- Mesh could potentially be damaged due to the rigors of certain routines, where person to person contact can add stress to the fabric. You are free to order this fabric, but do so with great discretion because Velocity Pro Sport Ltd will not guarantee the life span of this fabric. If you choose to use mesh in a design you will be asked to sign a waiver. The waiver states that Velocity Pro Sport Ltd will not be responsible for replacing or repairing your garment(s).
- Color transference or color bleed occurs when a white or light color fabric is combined with a bright or dark color fabric. This is a common industry problem and can become obvious under certain conditions, especially when a light color garment is worn under a dark color warm-up or short and/or when damp garments are left in gym bags. It is impossible for Velocity Pro Sport Ltd to guarantee that our fabrics will not bleed, even by following proper washing instructions, due to the individual nature of each athlete's wear/washing procedure.
- Fabric softeners negatively affect the adhesives used in our garments, causing the foil on our fabrics to discolor and the embellishments to fall off.
Important Washing Instructions for all fabrics:
Garment(s) must be washed separately. Turn garments inside out. Use a mild liquid detergent, gently hand wash in a large volume of cold water. Rinse immediately.
DO NOT allow garment to soak. Pat dry with a clean towel and use a thick plastic hanger to air dry.
DO NOT use fabric softeners. Fabric softeners negatively affect the adhesives used in our garments, causing the foil on our fabrics to discolor and the embellishments to fall off.
DO NOT dry clean. Dry cleaning uses harsh chemicals that can damage the fabric and embellishments used in our garments.
DO NOT iron. The heat from an iron can melt and/or discolor the delicate fabrics in our garments. Excessive heat can also weaken the adhesives used to attach the embellishments to the garment and cause them to fall off.
Velocity Pro Sport Ltd will not guarantee any garment that is not washed and dried as directed. If you choose to combine sensitive fabrics and colors, it is at your own risk. Velocity may refuse returns on special orders in those combinations.